Thousand Sons version 2

Posted by : G | Wednesday, May 12, 2010 | Published in

Yep I've been quiet for a bit, work has been amazingly busy - though I have made good progress with my Thousand Sons army.

Anyway time for an update:
I have been making customised Thousand Son honour guard with a mix of Thousand Suns metal heads, and plastic bodies added to shields ordered from Maxmini, custom polearms made from Tomb King Kopeshes and polearms, and custom cloaks made by me using green stuff.

IMG_3303

Once I had completed the initial modelling I primed them using the Army Painter "Dragon Red" spray which I have to say I am very impressed with - the red is a beautiful deep red that the photo can't really do justice.

IMG_3307

Next step is to finish the other flat colours, and then for my next bit of experimentation I have been using the Army Painter Strong Tone dip.

Anyway for parts one and two here are some photos to give a  feel of how they are getting on:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gobion/sets/72157624047199034/

(4) Comments

  1. Mordian7th said...

    Looking good - I really like that red, I'll have to try to pick up a can and give it a shot. I also really like the addition of the shield, it adds a nice touch to the honor guard model.

    May 12, 2010 at 6:11 PM
  2. G said...

    Thanks - yes the Dragon Red from Army Painter is lovely I've experimented with the Strong Shade dip and will post up the piccies of the 3 models I have used that technique on this evening.

    May 12, 2010 at 6:56 PM
  3. Schnitzel said...

    That's a gorgeous red you've got there. I like it, like it alot.
    To be honest, I think your greenstuff capes could use a little work. Try adding some folds and avoid making it look so rectangular. That aside, brilliant work. Please accept this as a postive critique, I'm not meaning to bash your work in any way. I love the look you've got going on.

    May 13, 2010 at 3:15 AM
  4. G said...

    Hi Schnitzel, thanks for the comment - constructive criticism very much appreciated! You are right - I am very new to Green Stuff modelling and managed to make the next set quite a bit more dynamic. It is definitely something I want to improve. I've been working to get the basics under control such as cutting the shapes I want without distortion, how to make sure it is sticky enough without being too sticky etc. Definitely lots more to learn!

    May 13, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Leave a Response